Thursday, May 21, 2009

Act II: my angry reaction

What wasn’t tight-lipped in Act II? Every page Nora was doing something wrong with Torvald none the wiser. This act really crumpled my opinion of Nora because all she was doing was covering her own butt. From the beginning she was tremendously nervous about what was going to happen with Krogstad. If that wasn’t obvious enough she even asked her maid “What would happen to the children if I disappeared altogether?” Also she tricking Torvald further more. At this point all her secrets are banging on the front door anxiously to come in.
This time around we see a different side of Dr. Rank and a secret was revealed. Of the long time Dr. Rank has known their family he has always had a strong passion for Nora. This was not his wrong doing, but Nora’s, because when Dr. Rank arrives Nora has plan for him. Nora begins to reveal herself as a “desperate housewife” and flirts with Dr. Rank, by complimenting him and being very amorous towards him. She expresses her “feelings” over what he means to her, but Dr. Rank has taken this the wrong way. Revealing his dark secret which Nora had no idea to react to. Hence she retracts her plan and ends the conversation with Dr. Rank. Her plan was to ask Dr. Rank for money in order to help solve her situation, but was obviously feeling pity for him.
She is doing everything wrong for her family and soon it will all fall down upon her. Nora’s action reminds me of every bad relationship on T.V and in real life. Where some one has a deep secret to hide and tries everything in their bag of tricks to keep it concealed. Sadly I have been there before where I didn’t want my girlfriend to know I read comic books =D. But at the end it turned out that she accepted way better than I thought where it goes to show sometimes you cant just assume you know how the person is going to react, so it's better to tell them the true.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Nelson, I really dont think that if Maria finds out you read comic books shes going to mind . You guys are so cute together ! You guys are a great example of the modern couple. As opposed to Torvald, you treat Maria the way Nora SHOULD be treated. Maria respects herself and I bet she lets you know whats on her mind when shes mad or upset the way Nora doesnt. Nora doesnt have the bravado that Maria does ! Love you guys! GREAT WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nelson,

    I don't know Maria, but I like how Michelle tied in modern relationsips, like yours, to the play.
    Also, you are right about Nora being a "desperate housewife" (suits her, doesn't it?) and about all her secrets banging at her front door, literally (Krogstad).
    I think you will be interested in learning more about Kristina Linde and Dr. Rank in Act III. It gets a lot more dramatic! Now you see why I love this play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo Nelson you post like a beast lolz. I like all the fancy words you used and how you wrote this post. You have a very good vocabulary and who cares if you read comics. If you and your girl have been going out for this long i dont think you reading comics will have a negative effect on you. At leats you read lolz. I hate books. Keep the good work up ma brotha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, Nelson. I really like how you put your real life with Maria with it. It definitely made me understand how you felt about the situation better. Also, I agree with how you said Nora's basically doing everything to save her own butt. I don't think she's thinking about anyone else but her own sake. Can't wait to read more ! ( :

    ReplyDelete